Friday, May 29, 2009

The Other Book

I know that what the world really needs is an update on my progress through The Other Queen, so here goes: I have 10 pages left! Good read, Philippa Gregory, but not your best, although reading it has sparked my interest in watching The Tudors on DVD.

Evan hooked me up with beaucoup birthday books from my Amazon Wish List so I'm a bit overwhelmed with reading options for my next book. One of the contenders (not an Evan book but one he'd probably like and read ridiculously fast, reminding me of how happy I was not to have to follow him through school) is The Daily Coyote: A Story of Love, Survival, and Trust in the wilds of Wyoming by Shreve Stockton. The author also maintains a blog at www.DailyCoyote.net. I love reading
nonfiction, especially nature writing, and this book looks delightful.
On Monday my beloved fellow C-lunchers and I are going to have a potluck to celebrate the beginning of June, and although I'm thrilled to finally live the potluck fantasy I really can't decide what to take. I never thought I'd say this but I'm getting tired of eating pasta after having it twice daily for two weeks. What's a carbivore to do? I'm thinking polenta tacos might be a nice change, but I'm not sure how well they'll reheat in the staff microwave.

No comments:

Post a Comment