Monday, June 1, 2009

Week 8, Thing 19

Of all the Library 2.0 tools I've explored so far, LibraryThing is my hands down favorite. Rollyo and Technorati left me with a feeling of confusion mixed with "why would I need this?" But LibraryThing left me with a feeling of "I wish it was summer so I could explore this site all day." I especially love the widget feature - I think it really spruces up my blog! I want to add a similar widget to my school library's web page so I can showcase newly arrived titles ... definitely a summer project. I'm sort of obsessed with organizing items on my bookshelf (surprising, right?) and this gives me a whole new way to catalog my own stuff!

Digital Camera update: I picked up my digital camera on Sunday, but unfortunately it does not appear to be compatible with my home computer, which is getting a tad long in the tooth. The summer projects are really piling up ...

By the way, I'm really loving The Daily Coyote.
I recommend it for anyone who enjoys nature writing, animals, and all things Wyoming.

No comments:

Post a Comment