Monday, May 25, 2009

Brush with celebrity!

I just made a quick run to Trader Joe's, and didn't I see WANDA SYKES out walking her dog with a couple of friends. She seems like a cool lady, her little dog is adorable (possibly a Jack Russell mix?), and she co-starred with Jane Fonda (love her) and Jennifer Lopez (love her) in Monster-in-Law. I feel a commemorative viewing coming on! If only I had a digital camera to document this brush with celebrity ...

In other news, I got a good recipe idea from my brother Doug yesterday. He made a fabulous pesto cream sauce by heating pesto, goat cheese, and a little milk over low heat. This is good on everything from tortellini to grilled salmon. Admittedly, I have only tried it on tortellini and grilled salmon. Some fresh grape tomatoes and wilted greens never hurt, either.

Some other edge-of-your-seat updates: I just started watching Season Two of Buffy the Vampire Slayer on DVD. I'm continuing to make progress through The Other Queen. And thanks to my brother Evan hooking me up with several birthday items from my Amazon.com Wish List, I have added some new books to my bookshelf:
  • Greasy Rider: Two Dudes, One Fry-Oil-Powered Car, and a Cross-Country Search for a Greener Future by Greg Melville
  • What I Did for Love by Susan Elizabeth Phillips (a romance that seems to be based on the Jennifer Aniston/Brad Pitt/Angelina Jolie love triangle)
Actually Evan openly admits that he only buys books for me that he himself would not be embarrassed to be seen reading, so you can guess which one is from him and which one was guiltily checked out from the public library while I hoped I didn't run into anyone I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment