Thursday, July 16, 2009

Home from Bald Head Island!

I'm back from my week on Bald Head Island, North Carolina! I had a wonderful, relaxing vacation with my friend Joy and her son Paul. And no one got sunburned! Here are Paul and Joy in their trusty golf cart:In other news, I read a most fabulous book on my trip: Crazy for the Storm by Norman Ollestad. At age eleven, Ollestad survived a plane crash that took the lives of his father, his father's girlfriend, and the pilot. In alternating chapters, Ollestad relates his descent to safety in unbelievably harsh conditions, and the year leading up to the plane crash. The elder Ollestad pushed his "Boy Wonder" to ski and surf in unimaginably intimidating terrain and conditions, which both terrified young Norman and prepared him for the test that awaited him. This book is not to be missed!

Oh, and Mattie LaMew returned from kitty foster care (a.k.a. Grandma's) with an inordinate number of mats, so she'll be getting a fur trimming from the groomer this afternoon! Pictures will follow ...

1 comment:

  1. Hooray! I'm so glad you posted pics of BHI! Love the golf cart and can't believe Paulie has shot up so much. Sweet Boy...

    ReplyDelete