Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Complexity in my coffee cup, Or, What I'm totally into this week!

I love coffee. A lot. I am not one of those tea-drinking librarians. Not that there's anything wrong with that. But I'm all coffee, all the time. Except when I'm Cherry Coke Zero. So anyway, I decided to give a tip of the virtual hat to some of the great coffee I've discovered. Lately I'm crazy about Mahogany from Caribou Coffee, which includes some highly tempting descriptions on their labels. For example, they describe their Fireside blend as a "fragrant brew that starts with a silky, syrupy taste and ends with smoky berry notes." Are you kidding me? Where do they find these copywriters? The descriptions on most bottles of wine aren't even half that tempting. Their site notes that Mahogany "will become a staple in the cupboard for those who appreciate complexity in a cup." Me!! Pick me! I appreciate complexity in my coffee mug!!
Side note: in the future, I'll continue to subtitle this segment, "What I'm totally into this week!" Stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. Waiting with bated breath I am (cream in my coffee and toast with jam!) Whew! Rhyming is NOT my thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I see you have switched your loyalty from Dr. Pepper to Cherry Coke Zero. Traitor.

    ReplyDelete