Friday, August 7, 2009

A celebratory bean burrito. Okay, two bean burritos. And Cheesy Fiesta Potatoes.

I just completed the final day of the final class of my Master's program in English. It's been a long road. I haven't enjoyed all of it, but this last class (Google for Teachers) was interesting AND practical. It was a good choice that has actually eased the extreme bitterness and dislike I've harbored for my graduate program. My next goal is to become a Google Certified Teacher, which would involve an application, an acceptance, and a trip to the Google campus in California. But that's at least a year away. Today I'm just feeling rather reflective, thinking back to when I began this program three and a half years ago. My little Baby Fats was with me then; today I'm enjoying the company of Mattie LaMew, a.k.a. Miss Snugglypants.

So I wanted to treat myself to a special lunch in
celebration of completing my last class, but I "settled" for Taco Bell. Who am I kidding, I love Taco Bell! And I'm carrying on a long-standing tradition of celebratory bean burritos. On today's menu: two Fresco bean burritos (low fat, sort of) and some Cheesy Fiesta Potatoes (low fat? ha!). I'm really regretting that second burrito ... a most powerful lethargy overtakes me! Anyway, the Taco Bell web site was rather stingy about sharing a picture of the Fresco menu items, so I had to diversify a little. Thank you, Taco Bell Iceland!!

2 comments:

  1. Hahahahaha! Thank you, Taco Bell Iceland! Hahahahaha! Laugh, repeat, Laugh...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well congratulations on finishing! It was a long road and a tough thing to accomplish while working full-time. So feel proud of yourself! What will you do now with all your new-found free-time?

    ReplyDelete